Friday, November 03, 2006

Oohboy. (6771 Words)

It's been a writing orgy, between day one and two. I know they say to get ahead now. I'm not finding it all that hard, as yet.

Changing my project has helped. Not that this shouldn't be my novel (and not that I don't feel guilty it's not) but I'm so hooked on this story right at the moment that I don't think I could write anything else coherently. I'm so hooked that I worked on it at least twelve hours straight. I've written playlists for this thing. It's mad, I'm telling you.

I have playlists for my novel too, actually. That's not entirely unique to this project. I find it really helpful to listen to appropriate music while I'm working, since I can't count on silence. And most of what I listen to might as well be silence. I've heard these CDs so often that the music barely registers on the conscious level (though I hope my better choices get reflected in my prose.) For example: "I Dreamed a Dream" from Les Mis, is going right now. Don't really ignore that one, but that's because it's amazing. The rest of my music, not as much.

Waiting on the Pussycat Dolls CD to arrive before I do any sexy writing. Though I have some great ideas for that part as well.

Bed for now, though. (More later! But Linka needs sleep NOW.)

-jen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home